Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Twelve Days of Christmas


Twelve Days of Christmas by Debbie Macomber
Published by Ballentine Books
Release date: October 4th, 2016


I really enjoyed this book. I was a little disappointed because from the title I was expecting more of a Christmas feel to it. There was too much about Christmas besides the children's choir. Other than that it was a very well written love story, as expected, from a wonderful author. 

I enjoyed the conflict at first and then how Julia and Cain grew on each other. I loved the idea of an experiment and showing Julia's blog posts in the book. I wish her blog post would have been a little more descriptive or contained more details. The posts were very broad bit overall I enjoyed the book format. 

I gave it 4 out of 5 stars because I enjoyed the book but wished there could have been a lot more elements of Christmas. I would recommend this book to a reader who wants a page turner during the Christmas season but does not want a slap you in the face with Christmas read.

Maybe if you have an Ebenezer-like person in your life who needs a nice little shot of Christmasy spirit and love then buy this book, march across the hall or drive or whatever and give this book to them. It might just brighten their mood. 

Thank you to Debbie Macomber, Ballentine Publishing and Netgalley for a nice love story

No comments:

Post a Comment